Entire Family Dies After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen

In Russia, Maria Chelysheva’s entire family died because they let potatoes rot in their cellar. In 2014, Maria was eight years old and an orphan. Maria’s father went into the family basement to get some potatoes one day; he never came back up. Maria’s mother went down to see if she could find him, but she didn’t come back upstairs either.

The same thing happened to Maria’s brother, and then her grandmother. Maria’s grandmother had previously called a neighbor for help, but by the time the neighbor arrived, the woman had gone into the basement herself and suffered the same terrible fate as the rest of the family, save for Maria.

It’s important to remember that potatoes contain glycoalkaloids, a chemical compound that is also found in poisonous nightshade plants. That makes potatoes naturally toxic under the right circumstances, not just when they’re eaten by humans, but even from simply breathing in their chemicals.

Potatoes’ glycoalkaloids concentration goes up the more they rot, causing them to emit a dangerous, toxic gas. Exposure to this deadly compound is what killed Maria’s family.

Naturally, Maria began to wonder where her family was, so she too ended up investigating on her own. But by then the gasses had dissipated as her mom had left the door open after she had gone down there. Maria was spared from the deadly fumes.

Very heartbreaking situation. Their story will hopefully spread awareness, and will help to save many other families from the same fate. Rotten potatoes are a deadly danger, and it’s a real eye-opener seeing as you would never think a vegetable could cause such horror.

Always get rid of your old potatoes. Be sure to share this important information with all of your friends and family!


Source:


opposingviews.com

You may also like...

Thanks for visiting! If you want to see more content like this in your news-feed, don’t forget to give our page a like on Facebook.

Powered by WordPress Popup